Wall plastering offers a unique dimensional finish. There is plaster available today made with acrylic polymers, which makes it more durable. Many home improvement stores don’t sell the same plaster formula used by professionals.
Depending on the formula used, the obtainable designs vary from smooth to ornate. Ornate designs include wall murals and decorative plaster molding.
Every attention to detail is given with decorative plastering. To create or repair it, the New York wall plastering professional should be an expert with years of experience. It is very challenging to do plaster work.
First, let’s look at Venetian Wall Plastering
Venetian plastering is a decorative finish. Venetian actually refers to the technique of decorative plasterwork.
Venetian plaster has a long history. It is a plaster finish in elegant designs which come from Venice, Italy.
Decorative Wall Plastering Designs
- Textured wall plaster – This is the most popular and least expensive plaster finish. The plaster texture adds depth and dimension to a plain wall.
- Structural wall plaster – This decorative finish is used to create a decorative mosaic. The decorated surface resembles the bark of a tree. The mosaic design is created by building up the plaster into shapes.
- Venetian wall plaster – The finish is smooth and applied with a trowel. It is a great solution for a classical or antique style. However, it is also prevalent in contemporary New York homes.
Options In Plaster Decorative Moldings
Decorative plaster has historically been created in ornate designs. Some of these intricate patterns are very old and considered historical. However, there are many beautiful contemporary designs available in plaster decorative moldings.
Plaster in New York is hand-crafted into ornamental wall elements such as ceiling medallions, molding, and trimwork. These elements add depth and beauty to a plain wall.
They are generally pre-made, purchased, and then installed over the plaster wall finish. There are an extensive array of designs available:
- Ceiling Medallions
- Architectural Molding
- Crowns, Coves, Friezes
- Coffered Ceilings
- Ceiling Systems
- Fire Surrounds
- Door Casing and Window Trim
- Decorative Brackets
- Wall Niches
- Capitals for Columns & Pilasters